Podcasts are super popular right now from sports, to relationship advice, to true crime, there’s something for everyone. That means us marketers, too! Here’s a list of our top marketing podcasts!
Marketing Over Coffee
Where You Can Listen: Spotify and on their website
Avg. Show Length: 20 minutes to 1 hours
Description: Marketing Over Coffee is audio on demand that covers both classic and new marketing. Your hosts, John J. Wall and Christopher S. Penn, record the show in a local coffee shop every week and publish the show on Thursday mornings. You can download the shows and listen to them whenever you want – in your office, on your commute, where and whenever is convenient for you. Each show is about 20 minutes long and is filled with the kinds of marketing tips and tricks that you can only get from casual conversation outside of the office.
Where You Can Listen: Spotify, Apple Podcast, Stitcher, YouTube, Google Play, and SOUNDCLOUD
Avg. Show Length: 7-15 minutes
Description: Neil Patel and Eric Siu bring you daily ACTIONABLE digital marketing lessons that they’ve learned through years of being the trenches. Whether you have a new website or an established business, learn the latest SEO, content marketing, social media, email marketing, conversion optimization and general online marketing tactics that work today.
Where You Can Listen: Spotify, Buffer, Google Play and Apple Podcast
Avg. Show Length: Under 15 minutes
Description: The Science of Social Media is your weekly sandbox for social media stories, insights, experimentation, and inspiration. Every Monday (and sometimes more) we share the most cutting-edge social media marketing strategies from brands and influencers in every industry. If you’re a social media team of one, business owner, marketer, or someone simply interested in social media marketing, you’re sure to find something useful in each episode.
Where You Can Listen: Apple Podcast and On Website
Avg. Show Length: 40mins-1 hour
Description: Mitch Joel’s weekly conversation with business leaders, thinkers, innovators and cultural icons. The show is about insights and provocations on brands, consumers, technology, business and how connected we’ve all become.
Where You Can Listen: Spotify, Apple Podcast, Overcast, and YouTube
Avg. Show Length: 20-40 minutes
Description: The Animalz podcast covers effective content marketing, its production, content strategy, the challenges of growing a business with content in 2018, and more. It is produced by member of the team at Animalz.
Where You Can Listen: Spotify, Stitcher, Online, and Apple Podcast
Avg. Show Length: 30 minutes- 1 hour
Description: Social Pros shines the spotlight on social media practitioners, people doing the real work for real companies. Each episode includes insights from a leading social media strategist plus current trends and ideas in the social media industry, discussed and ratified or debunked by Jay Baer of Convince & Convert and Adam Brown of Salesforce. Finally, each episode ends with The Big Two where our guest gives us their rapid-fire answers to two important questions.
- Always check when their last post was. As anyone in the marketing and advertising world will tell you, things change fast. Make sure the podcast is still posting and reflects current topics so you don’t absorb out-of-date information!
- Don’t listen from the start. Similar to checking the date of the last post, when you decide to invest time in marketing podcasts, avoid going back to the first episode. Tips and best practices from two years ago might not be relevant anymore. Start from maybe a month or so ago if you’d like to catch up.
- Make sure you like the sound. This seems obvious, but make sure the voice of the host, added effects and sounds are pleasing to your ears. You want the podcast experience to be educational AND enjoyable.
- Do research on the host. Don’t waste your time on a podcast whose host can’t back up their comments. On the flip side, finding marketing podcasts hosted by someone in your job position/field will provide more relevant information for you to benefit from!
- Give it a few episodes. Don’t make your judgment based off one episode. Figure out the style and the types of information the podcast frequently gives and then decide if it will be beneficial.
Visit our Deep Ads Thoughts blog to learn more about current advertising, marketing and public relations tips and trends. Plus, check out our Push n’ Pull blog for all things in the world of digital and social media.