John Frenaye, host of the Eye on Annapolis podcast, visited Crofton, Maryland, to interview Dave Cyphers, President and founder, for the outlet’s Legacy Business Spotlight.
Dave discussed The Cyphers Agency’s history, growth, and how it has reached its thirtieth year in business.
The episode features Dave’s reflections on:
- What inspired him to start the agency in the basement of his townhouse.
- The evolution of marketing and advertising, from printing rolodex cards to producing digital videos, over three decades.
- The trials and tribulations of running your own business, from the ebb and flow of clients to creating and sustaining a company culture of great employees.
- The agency’s growth in services, from social media marketing to public relations, and diversity of clients, from trade associations to restaurants.
- Moving to the agency’s new office, a standalone colonial building along Crofton Parkway.
- His love of sailing, from his first job at Annapolis Sailing School to his current participation in Annapolis’s frostbite and beer can races.