Are you ready to bring your A-game?
If you’re beating your chest, salivating at the challenge, then this is the place for you.
1-3 years of experience (agency/client services experience preferred)
The Cyphers Agency is seeking a passionate, creative, and detail-oriented Public Relations Coordinator to serve as an integral member of our team. This is a part-time/contract position with the potential to become full-time. All our team members do lots of heavy lifting when it comes to developing messaging, strategizing integrated plans, brainstorming wild and crazy campaigns – all to create great PR results.
The role of a Public Relations Coordinator is, generally, to provide assistance to the PR team in the day to day management of accounts. The PRC reports directly to the PR Account Executive.
Our team works closely, offering you immediate exposure to all facets of the agency business, from creative, brand development and marketing strategy to direct client contact, research and campaign planning. This position will involve administrative support to keep client projects well-organized and on track.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or communications
- Strong writing, communication and research skills
- Solid organizational skills with a detail-oriented focus
- Comfortable juggling projects and prioritizing
- Strategically minded, creative thinker
- Proactive problem-solver & learner
- Unafraid to pick up the phone in pursuit of research
- Understand client industry trends in PR and integrated communications
- Comfortable creating/modifying Google Docs/spreadsheets, Dropbox files
- Experience with media contact database and/or news monitoring tool preferred
- Experience writing press releases and other PR collateral preferred
- Provide administration and assistance to PR team on day to day activities for assigned clients
- Conduct media research both organically and via media contact database
- Create and maintain coverage reports
- Conduct weekly media monitoring for a variety of client reporting needs via news monitoring tool
- Compile background materials necessary for the creation of press kits, pitches, proposals, etc.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, blog posts and other written materials
- Take minutes at meetings & update timelines and other internal documents accordingly
- Ensure all PR campaigns proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of PRAE to potential problems before they occur
- Proofread written materials
- Help identify pitching opportunities for clients
- Collaborate with digital, account and creative teams to facilitate integration points, provide resources as needed
If interested in this position, send your resume, cover letter and salary range requirements. No applications will be accepted without salary range requirements. We encourage you to include relevant writing samples of your work.