So you’ve read our post on whether to start a podcast or not and after careful consideration, you’ve decided to start a podcast! Congrats! But then you start Googling around and you’re overwhelmed by all the details you have to figure out. Never fear! We’re here to help you with the basics. Try dividing up the planning efforts into three main categories. The Content Planning, the Host/Format Strategy and the Technical set up.
- What are our marketing objectives?
- Who are our specific audiences for the podcast?
- What should the name of the podcast be?
- What should we cover in our first 10 episodes?
- How long should it be?
- Can we host it with existing staff?
- Should we do one person “chats,” co-host discussions or interviews?
- If we do interviews, who do we interview?
- How long do we make it?
Technical Set Up
- We need a url, website, sign ups, etc.
- Scheduling – when do we record?
- Are we purchasing equipment or recording at a studio?
- Where/how do we upload the podcast?
- How do we link to RSS feeds?
Now that you’ve made it through our checklist of where to start you should be all set! Go meet with your team and get to planning the best podcast out there! If you’re looking for even more information on podcast marketing, reach out to our team! We won’t bite!