In today’s environment, the competition in the medical field is extremely competitive. With the healthcare market expanding to include more opportunities for patient care – walk-in clinics, urgent care networks, satellite hospital systems and larger private practices — it is increasingly more important for medical organizations to develop a distinct medical practice brand to gain and keep the attention of patients.
In today’s market, patients are not so much concerned about the size of a practice as they are about the kind of care given to them – from the physician and staff. Key practice focus areas should include patient satisfaction and loyalty; as well as developing a reputation based on:
- Commitment – A practice that cares for a patient’s future
- Reliability – A practice does what it says
- Reputation – Patients like what the practice has to offer
- Responsiveness – Patients are pleased the practice responds to their needs
Here are a few strategies to build practice brand awareness:
- Define target audience and create visual branding elements such as a logo and tagline. These visual elements must convey the same feeling that you want patients to experience when they come into your office.
- Maintain continuous communication. Patients like to feel connected. They expect a steady flow of information coming from the practice either through email or social media.
- Implement and build a long-term reputation management strategy including online reviews and patient surveys.
- Use SEO to drive traffic to your website. Include relevant keywords and phrases in website content to ensure your brand remains on top of search engine results.
In closing, a medical practice is a people business. The actions of the doctor and staff reflect the overall medical practice brand. A practice that is true to its brand will separate itself from competitors and the patients are sure to notice the difference!
Visit our Deep Ads Thoughts blog to learn more about current advertising, marketing and public relations tips and trends. Plus, check out our Push n’ Pull blog for all things in the world of digital and social media.