WE WANT YOU
The Cyphers Agency is seeking a passionate, creative, and fun-loving Social Media Coordinator to serve as an integral member of our lean, mean word-of-mouth marketing department. The Social Media Coordinator will create great content for the web, implement social media marketing campaigns, and manage online communities.
All our team members do lots of heavy lifting when it comes to developing brand messaging, strategizing integrated marketing plans, brainstorming wild and crazy campaigns, and all in all creating great advertising.
- Support the Digital Marketing Team in researching, brainstorming and strategizing the interactive / social legs of marketing plans and advertising campaigns.
- Create engaging content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, blogs (and any other crazy new platform) for a variety of brands, with careful attention paid to “on brand” tone and voice.
- Manage online communities and problem solve online crisis situations, with keen understanding of customer service and public relations.
- Establish and grow relationships with bloggers and other online influencers on behalf of our clients.
- Meticulously track and report on key social media measurement areas for regular reports to our clients.
- Staying on top of industry related news and trends.
Below describes the perfect candidate… but nobody’s perfect, so if you think you would
be great at this and can show us why, please apply!
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or the like.
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in social media marketing.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of marketing and advertising, and you understand how word-of-mouth tactics such as social media fit into the bigger picture.
- You can’t get enough of Twitter, you live in Instagram and you can explain why Pinterest is so, so addictive.
- You have experience with WordPress, understand SEO and maybe even code a little.
- You’re a great writer. The vast majority of this job involves writing, so you should love it and be excellent at it.
- You are good at relationships. Whether you are a building relationships with online influencers to create buzz for a brand, or with online community members turning to you as the mouthpiece of a company, you will need to be able to win others over. It comes in handy in the office, too.
- You live for variety. You’ll be juggling several projects, big and small, so you should have experience with multi-tasking and tailoring your approach to the task at hand.
- The more organized and experienced you are at prioritizing several projects, the better you will be at this job!
Why You’ll Love Working At TCA:
The Cyphers Agency happens to be home to the coolest folks you’ll ever have the pleasure of working with. No, really. Work is so fun you’ll feel like you’re getting away with something.
Worried about becoming a Twitter monkey? Only if you decide to be. Everyone wears lots of hats around here and that means you get to do great creative and strategic work in a bunch of different ways, and you get to work with team members in every department.
This is not a job for the timid, and we think that’s a good thing. You’ll have the opportunity to jump in and leave your mark from day one. Expect plenty of responsibility without a lot of micromanaging, but with all the perks of a collaborative team environment.
Our views on work/life balance: we work hard and we play hard. You’ll be expected to kick ass in the office, but we want you to have a life outside of work and we want you to enjoy it! You’ll read this in almost every job description but we’re one of the few agencies who actually practice what we preach.
With the diverse variety of clients we have, there’s never a dull moment, and no two days are the same. And no matter what you’re into, we probably have a client that will suit your fancy… within reason.
Oh and we offer a great health care plan, among other benefits. And it’s casual Friday every day!
If this speaks to you, send your resume, cover letter and salary range requirements (resumes without salary ranges will not be accepted) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to include writing samples and links to or screenshots of your work.